New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make the Amish friendship bread starter?
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD: Mix oil, eggs, and vanilla with the starter mix. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix, and nuts. Add to liquid mixture and stir thoroughly. Pour into two large well-greased 9x5 inch loaf pans, or one Bundt pan, that have been sprinkled with a mixture of ...
How to make Amish friendship bread starter recipe?
- Preheat oven to 325f degrees. ...
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on the sides and bottom of loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Then, slowly stir in flour and instant vanilla pudding.
What does Amish friendship bread taste like?
This bread has an interesting name, story, and a delightful flavor. Amish friendship bread is a cake-like bread made from a starter that gets passed on from person to person, much like chain mail. But instead of getting 7 years of bad luck, you’ll get delicious bread.
How do you make starter friendship bread?
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture on the top.