New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken tortilla soup in crock pot?
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with the chicken broth, green chilies, corn, and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 4.
- Remove the chicken, shred and return to the crock pot.
- Stir in the sour cream and the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook until melted.
How do you make chicken tortilla soup?
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic. ...
- Meanwhile, puree 2 cans of cannellini beans in a blender until smooth. ...
- Add pureed beans, remaining can of cannellini beans, 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, black beans, and shredded chicken to onion mixture in pot. ...
What makes chicken tortilla soup so good?
What makes this chicken tortilla soup so good? The creaminess of the soup comes from pureeing two cans of cannellini beans along with a can of cream-style corn instead of adding fatty cream or cream of “something” soup. This chicken tortilla soup is packed with protein, fiber, flavor and most importantly comfort.
How to make chicken tortilla soup in a crock pot?
- Place chicken in a 6 quart slow cooker and break into bite size pieces with two forks.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- If desired, serve with crushed tortilla chips, shredded Mexican-style cheese and/or sour cream.