New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make Jamaican jerk seasoning?
- Place the allspice, brown sugar, garlic, scotch bonnet peppers, thyme, green onion, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and soy sauce in a food processor and pulse it until smooth.
- Rub the meat (chicken, pork or beef) with the seasoning. If using a pork shoulder, score the fat and rub in.
- For best results, marinate overnight.
- Enjoy your seasoned food. ...
Where can I find authentic Jamaican food recipes?
Jamaican recipes are all about enjoying the best life has to offer. If you love Jamaican food or feel nostalgic about the culture, dive in to JamaicaCafe. Authentic Jerk Chicken. Fried Dumplings. Chicken Soup. Jamaican Black Cake. Saltfish Spinach Flitters Fritters.
What does Jamaican chicken jerk taste like?
Unlike American BBQ Chicken where the pieces are left whole after cooked, Jamaican Jerk chicken is often chopped into big chunks after it is cooked. It’s really the subtleties in the preparations that makes Jamaican Jerk taste the way it does! It is very spicy with a smoky taste.
How do you make Jerk seasoning?
- Measure each spice out and put it in a bowl or jar.
- If you want, you can make this spice mix ahead of time and store it for when you want to make jerk marinade.
- You will need to add this spice mixture to a blender later to make a milder version of jerk sauce.
- By mixing the spices ahead of time, you will save time when going to blend the ingredients.