New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best recipe for shepherds pie?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the olive oil and diced onion to a 12” skillet and cook on medium heat.
- Once the onions have become soft and translucent (about 5 minutes) add the ground meat, dried parsley, rosemary, dried thyme and black pepper.
- Cook and crumble the meat until it is no longer pink.
What are the ingredients in Shepherds Pie?
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How do you make shepherds pie?
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. ...
- Mix Gravy Mix and water in small bowl. Pour over beef. ...
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper into prepared mashed potatoes. Spread evenly over meat mixture in dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until gravy is bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned. ...
How to make shepherds pie easy?
Key Steps For Easy Shepherds Pie
- Buy some shortcuts. I actually find chopping to be quite therapeutic, but when it comes to shepherds pie, peeling and chopping carrots is the last thing I want to spend ...
- Focus your efforts on the potatoes. ...
- Add a yolk to the potatoes for texture and structure. ...
- Brown the beef in the same skillet youll serve from. ...