New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best carrot cake?
The best carrot cake for afternoon tea
- WINNER: M&S Carrot Cake. A clear winner for its moist, gently spiced, warming vanilla sponge and juicy raisins, perfectly balanced by the indulgent thick cream cheese frosting.
- RUNNER-UP: Tesco Finest Carrot Cake. Sweet sultanas and brown sugar give this sponge a lovely flavour with a zingy orange cream cheese frosting.
- COOK Triple Layered Carrot Cake. ...
How do you make a homemade carrot cake?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add parchment paper to 2 round 9 inch cake pans, and lightly spray with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until combined. ...
- In another large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
What is the best recipe for carrot cake?
To make the carrot cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). ...
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until well combined. ...
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract until fully combined. ...
Do you put nutmeg in carrot cake?
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg