New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make French bread at home?
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. ...
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups flour and salt. ...
- Rub the olive oil around the dough ball, cover the bowl with a towel and let rest 15 to 30 minutes. ...
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and divide it in half. ...
Is French bread the same as Italian bread?
Though most of the ingredients between the two variations are similar, the major difference between Italian and French breads are how controlled the two are. French bread must be made simply with water, flour, salt and yeast while Italian bread recipes are free to include milk, olive oil and even sugar.
What are the ingredients in French bread?
- 1-3/4 cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white beaten with 1 tablespoon water
How to make crusty French bread?
- Measure the warm water in a small bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. ...
- Measure the bread flour into a large bowl and stir in the salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and stir in the dissolved yeast.