New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to make icing?
- Combine 2 parts red and 1 part yellow in a mixing bowl. Knead till the color is a smooth orange.
- Pinch a little bit of blue and knead it into the orange until it is completely smooth.
- Continue to add blue until you get the desired brown tone. Tip.
How do you make homemade frosting?
- 1.75 cups bread flour
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- Separately combine 1/4 cup baking soda with 3 1/2 cups water and mix together
What is the best frosting recipe?
Basic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar (add the larger amount of sugar for a stiffer consistency)
- Pinch of salt
How to make plain icing?
Method 2 Method 2 of 3: Making a Simple Buttercream Icing
- Whip this up quickly for a rich, sweet spread. This is the type of icing many people picture when they think of a classic birthday cake or cupcake topping.
- Soften 1 cup (240mL) butter. The quickest way to soften butter is to place it in a microwave-safe dish and microwave it for 10–30 seconds.
- Mix the butter and sugar together. ...