New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes chicken tortilla soup so good?
What makes this chicken tortilla soup so good? The creaminess of the soup comes from pureeing two cans of cannellini beans along with a can of cream-style corn instead of adding fatty cream or cream of “something” soup. This chicken tortilla soup is packed with protein, fiber, flavor and most importantly comfort.
What is the best chicken tortilla soup recipe?
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring, until onions begin to brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes, seasonings, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
How do you make chicken tortilla soup?
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic. ...
- Meanwhile, puree 2 cans of cannellini beans in a blender until smooth. ...
- Add pureed beans, remaining can of cannellini beans, 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, black beans, and shredded chicken to onion mixture in pot. ...
How to make classic Tortilla Soup?
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. ...
- Stir in chicken and season with salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, and cumin and stir to coat. ...
- Reduce to a simmer and let simmer until slightly reduced for about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat a ⅛-inch layer of oil. ...