New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make homemade Italian bread?
- Directions. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add the sugar, shortening, salt, egg, remaining water and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Nutrition Facts
How to make an authentic Italian bread?
- Dissolve sugar in the warm water using a wisk (or spoon if you don't have a wisk)
- In a very large bowl, add flour and the active dry yeast (yes to the flour), and the salt and mix well.
- Add the sugar water to the flour
- Mix all together and knead until smooth. ...
What is the best Italian bread?
Italian loaves also have a crispy crust and soft texture. a hearty, open-sided Italian bread chewy as well as crisp. Thanks to the use of panini as its centerpiece, it is the best bread you will find anywhere in the country.
How to make a homemade artisan bread recipe?
- In a large bowl combine with your hands the flours and water until completely mixed together. ...
- Next, sprinkle the salt and yeast overtop and mix it into the dough by pinching, stretching and folding the dough over for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cover and rest the dough in a warm dark place for 15 to 20 minutes before folding the dough over for 2 minutes.