New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make sauerkraut best recipe?
- Chop or shred cabbage. ...
- Knead the cabbage with clean hands, or pound with a potato masher or Cabbage Crusher about 10 minutes, until there is enough liquid to cover.
- Stuff the cabbage into a quart jar, pressing the cabbage underneath the liquid. ...
- Cover the jar with a tight lid, airlock lid, or coffee filter secured with a rubber band.
How to make pierogies recipe?
How to Make Perogies
- Mix together flour and salt.
- In another bowl, mix a little oil with a couple eggs and the potato water (or regular water if you accidentally dumped your potato water down the drain).
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Flour your hands and knead your dough ball until smooth.
- Then let it rest, covered, for about half an hour.
What is the best recipe for sauerkraut?
Oma's Tips for Cooking Sauerkraut
- It should be cooked to a " dry, but juicy stage ” with the kraut itself being moist with no soupy sauce around it.
- In order to get it like this, the well-drained sauerkraut is sautéed first in hot fat.
- A little water or broth is then added and it is then cooked very slowly, adding extra liquid only if needed.
How to make sauerkraut perogies?
How to make the filling for sauerkraut pierogi. 1.Start by frying the onion in a little oil for a few minutes until soft. Be careful not to brown it too much as it will be bitter instead of sweet. Add the sauerkraut and mushrooms, season with pepper, cover and simmer for approx. 45 minutes, until softened, stirring often. You may have to add a ...