New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best garden salad?
Our Top 10 Salad Recipes
- Fresh Heirloom Tomato Salad. This tomato salad is a summertime must. ...
- Sesame Almond Slaw. ...
- Grilled Apple Tossed Salad. ...
- Ginger-Cashew Chicken Salad. ...
- Spinach Chicken Salad. ...
- Guacamole Tossed Salad. ...
- Garden Bounty Panzanella Salad. ...
- Kansas Cucumber Salad. ...
- Mediterranean Cobb Salad. ...
- Artichoke Caprese Platter. ...
What to put in a garden salad?
- 1⁄ 2 head lettuce (or a combo of iceberg, romaine, butter, spring greens etc)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄ 2 cucumber, peeled as needed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄ 2 avocado, diced
- 2 radishes, sliced (optional)
- 1 celery rib, sliced (optional)
- 4 mixed mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced (optional)
What are the ingredients in garden salad?
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
What is a traditional garden salad?
Garden salads use a base of leafy greens such as lettuce, arugula/rocket, kale or spinach; they are common enough that the word salad alone often refers specifically to garden salads. Other types include bean salad, tuna salad, fattoush, Greek salad (vegetable-based, but without leafy greens), and sōmen salad (a noodle-based salad).