New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make unsweetened apple sauce?
How do you make homemade unsweetened applesauce? Core your apples with an apple corer or core your apple with a knife and chop your apple into slices. You can leave the skins on or off. Skins will make slightly chunkier applesauce but will keep more of the apple’s nutrients in the sauce which is great if you’re making applesauce for your kids.
How to make homemade applesauce?
- Soak the apples in vinegar and water for a couple of hours. ...
- Cut the apples into pieces, remove the cores and any leaves. ...
- Put all the apples in a large pot on the stove with a little bit of water (less than half a cup), the lemon juice, the lemon peel, and cinnamon ...
- Cook the apples on medium heat until completely soft. ...
What can you substitute for applesauce in a recipe?
- Apple sauce. Applesauce significantly reduces the calorie and fat content of baking products.
- Banana puree.
- Greek yogurt
- Nut butter
- Pumpkin puree.
How do you make homemade apple sauce?
- Place the apples in a large pot, and cover halfway with water.
- Bring the pot to a boil; then, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If you prefer chunky applesauce, use a potato masher to mash the apples to your desired consistency. ...
- Add the lemon juice and any sugar or cinnamon that you wish to include. ...