New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the health benefits of coconut flakes?
What Are the Health Benefits of Coconut Flakes?
- High in Dietary Fiber. An ounce of unsweetened dried coconut, sometimes called desiccated coconut, contains more than 4.5 grams of fiber, which is 18 percent of the daily value, while ...
- Good Source of Minerals. ...
- Potential Effects on Health. ...
- Eating More Shredded Coconut. ...
What is the nutritional value of coconut flakes?
The flakes contain high calorie, a 1/4-cup serving of flakes contains 10 grams of total fat with 9 grams as saturated fat. A 1/4-cup serving of the unsweetened flakes also normally provides 4 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of protein. It also contain 2 grams of iron and 3 grams of phosphorus.
How to toast coconut flakes the easy way?
Ways To Toast Coconut Flakes
- Oven method. To toast your coconut flakes, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 177 degrees Celsius.
- Microwave method. To toast your coconut flakes using a microwave, First, you need to spread your coconut evenly into a small microwave-safe baking dish.
- Stovetop method. ...
How many calories in unsweetened shredded coconut?
grams tbsp oz. Nutrition Facts. For a Serving Size of 2 tbsp ( 12 g) How many calories are in Unsweetened Shredded Coconut? Amount of calories in Unsweetened Shredded Coconut: Calories 90. Calories from Fat 72 ( 80 %) % Daily Value *. How much fat is in Unsweetened Shredded Coconut?