New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make your own salt pork?
- Dry the piece of meat thoroughly using paper towels.
- Season your leg of pork with dry or liquid ingredients. ...
- Use 3 lbs. ...
- Place the leg of pork onto a rack and place the rack into a pan. ...
- Put the pork and pan into a sealed plastic bag and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Rinse the meat with cold water.
What is the best way to substitute salt pork?
What can you substitute for salt pork?
- Bacon. Bacon is a great substitute for salt pork because it has more protein, fat and flavor. ...
- Ham. Ham can be used in place of salt pork. ...
- Prosciutto. Prosciutto can also substitute for salt pork in recipes. ...
- Pork belly. Pork belly is a much healthier alternative to salt pork. ...
- Smoked sausage or kielbasa. ...
- Sausage, hot dogs, pepperoni, salami, bologna. ...
What is good replacement for salt in recipes?
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika (or substitute regular paprika)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to make salt pork with pan gravy?
- thick, center-cut pork chops - .75 to 1-inch thick
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil for frying in the skillet
- flour to thicken the gravy
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- chili powder - optional but it adds a nice flavor