New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make homemade vanilla frosting?
- 12 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
How to make home made vanilla frosting?
- Butter: Let your butter stand at room temperature until it’s softened. ...
- Powdered Sugar: To get the right consistency, you’ll need somewhere around four or five cups of powdered sugar (also known as confectioner’s sugar).
- Vanilla: A tablespoon of pure vanilla extract gives this creamy frosting its signature taste.
What is a substitute for vanilla in a frosting recipe?
- Margarine (A healthier & yet close substitute in both taste & texture)
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream (Makes your frosting very light, airy & fluffy)
- Shortening (Cheaper & best for hot weather)
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut oil
- Avocado (Healthiest Alternative)
How do you make a 7 minute frosting?
Making this frosting comes down to a few simple steps:
- Wipe down your tools (don’t skip this)
- Cook the egg whites and sugar
- Whip for 7 minutes
- Add flavouring