New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make easy venison summer sausage?
- Place 3-4 fibrous casings in water and allow them to soak for about 30 minutes while you prepare the sausage.
- If you haven't already, grind your venison and pork, separately with a course plate. ...
- Combine seasonings, cure and water in a bowl. ...
What does venison sausage taste like?
Venison sausages are super savory and worth a try! Sausages made of venison don’t taste gamey. They are sometimes processed from a mixture of venison and beef. It is fully cooked and tastes smoky and fatty like most other sausages. This is an excellent sausage to eat raw or join in your pasta dish!
What spices go with pork sausage?
This recipe used bone-in pork shoulder roast. The spice combination of paprika, fennel seeds, pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and a bunch of herbs really does the trick. It even shared a tip to make the sausages even less sodium by soaking the sausage casings in cold water (if you happen to have the salted case version).
How to make breakfast sausage with venison?
Venison Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Instructions. In a large bowl mix together ground venison, ground pork, brown sugar, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Notes. You can also make these ahead of time. Shape the patties and freeze them until needed. ...