New Popular Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make summer sausage from venison?
Homemade venison smoked sausage directions
- Stuff prepared sausage into 3-inch diameter fibrous casings.
- Smoke at 140 F for 1 hour, then at 160 F for one hour and then 180 F until internal temperature reaches 152 F (insert a food thermometer in the ...
- Remove from smoker/smokehouse and spray with hot water for 15 to 30 seconds. ...
- Air dry sausages for 1-2 hours. ...
How do you make homemade summer sausage?
Procedure for making summer sausage safely from game meat
- Wash your hands with soap and water before working with meat, after changing tasks and when finished.
- Start with clean equipment - sanitize surfaces with a solution of 1 tablespoon chlorine bleach per gallon of water or follow directions on container.
- Select only fresh, high quality meat and other ingredients (spice, cure, etc.).
How to make homemade summer sausage?
- Grind pork and beef through 3/16” plate (5 mm).
- Mix all ingredients with ground meat.
- Stuff into beef middles or fibrous casings about 60 mm in diameter.
- Ferment at 86F (30C) and 85-90% humidity for 24 hours.
- Place the sausage in the smoker and smoke at 110F and 70% humidity for 6 hours. ...
What are the ingredients in summer sausage?
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 2 pounds freshly ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal®)
- 3 pinches cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pink curing salt (such as Instacure™ #1) (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar